In line with Welsh Government guidance concerning Access standards within Primary Care, we would like patients to be fully aware of the process for booking appointments.
Appointments are necessary for all services offered by the practice (ie GP, Nurses, phlebotomists, pharmacist, counsellors). We do not run a walk in option at any of our site. Below is a summary of the type of appointments offered and how they can be booked.
Urgent (Acute) Issues:
- Emergency appointments can be obtained by ringing the surgery and explaining you have an acute issue that cannot wait. You will be asked for a basic description of the problem to help the staff and GPs prioritise your call.
- Occasionally, where appropriate, you may be advised to seek a review elsewhere via the principles of prudent healthcare and Care Navigation, e.g. local optician or pharmacy; or alternatively to attend A&E if we feel this is more clinically appropriate.
- In some instances, we will advise you that the Emergency GP will call you by telephone to further triage your request.
Routine /Chronic Disease/ Non-Urgent Issues:
- We offer routine pre-bookable GP and Nurse Practitioner appointments, which are made available up to 6 weeks in advance for GPs and 26 weeks in advance for our nurses. These can be booked by either speaking with a receptionist, using the online service MyHealthOnline, or by accessing our 365/24/7 automated telephone service, Patient Partner.
Telephone consultations can also be booked should you feel the need to discuss an issue with one of our GPs that you don’t feel need a face to face consultation. These can be booked by speaking with a receptionist.
- Additionally, if you feel your issue does not need a face to face consultation we offer an online “email” type service known as e-consult. This can be accessed via our website. Patients simply need to click the “Get Started” button. Choosing an e-consult allows clinical assessment by one of our GPs with a guaranteed response by the end of the next working day. If the doctor assessing your e-consult feels your query requires a face to face appointment with a GP, we will offer you a slot within either 24 hours, 1 week or a fortnight, depending on the GP’s triage decision.
Please note there may occasionally be some reasonable variation to the above.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
As mentioned above patients are able to book appointments and request repeat medication using an online facility known as My Health Online. Please speak with a member of staff if you are interested in this service as you will need to complete a simple registration form and you may be asked to provide ID.